Sunday, September 13, 2015

My Pohnpei QT

My favorite gas station/ mini-mart in Arizona is the QT (Quick Trip).  Their soda fountain is to die for.  They have such good hotdogs.  You get the picture.  This is the closest thing we have to a QT on Pohnpei.  Of course gas is a little more expensive here at $4.65 a gallon.  There is no soda fountain anywhere within a thousand miles of here.  I can occasionally get a Coke Zero for 85 cents a can.  When they run out it can be months before a shipment arrives.  I could always settle for raw tuna and rice in a plastic container but I pass on that.  So all I can do is dream of the real QT in AZ.  But I still call this the QT.  And the cashier makes $2.75 an hour so I wouldn't recommend anyone coming here looking for employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment