Monday, March 23, 2015

Stake Relief Society Event

On Saturday March 21, 2015 the Pohnpei Stake held a Relief Society Conference and culture event.  Pictured below are Sisters Hedgpeth and Furstenau seated with one their favorite members, Carly from the Wone Branch.
 Each of the wards and branches presented songs and island dancing.  It was a hot and humid day approaching 90 degrees but the sisters didn't let that slow them down.
 All eleven wards, branches and groups performed after many practices. Some wore handmade costumes. At any event, even though in this case it was Relief Society, all the families come to watch. I'm sure there were over a hundred children there and some of the priesthood are there to help with chairs, sound system and whatever else is needed.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Elder and Sister Hedgpeth,

    My name is Brian Mangum. I am an LDS public health doctor. I am from Idaho, but currently living/working in Fiji via Aruba and St. Kitts and Nevis. I am being re-assigned for 3.5 years to Pohnpei to help strengthen the public health system. As with many of our moves (wife and four great kids), I have always found a connection to the Church is invaluable to me as a means of finding my new Church family, as well as more practical matters like housing, etc. I was hoping that we could correspond via email: bucherwurm at ureach dot com. In theory I will be arriving in Pohnpei in June

    Thanks, and hopefully I will hear from you soon.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete